Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Cards from Shutterfly

This year I vow not to let the Christmas season be stressful and to try and enjoy every minute of it. That's a lofty goal, but I've made lots of lists and we're slowly working through what needs to be done. First thing on the list was deciding what my gift wrapping scheme was going to be (brown paper, red twine...very simple.) Does anyone else get as excited as I do when it comes to choosing a color scheme for Christmas?

Next on the list was taking a Christmas card picture. Ugh.

First attempt good, beautiful mountain foleiage... check! Everyone smiling... check! But what's with the bad shadows and Kyle's horrible shoes? On to take two...
"Take two" at the Carolina vs NC State game. Good picture, but a horrible game outcome led me to look for a chance to take a different one... (my Tarheels lost for the 5th year in a row and I lost the battle to dress at least one of my boys in that beautiful baby blue)
"Take three" in West Palm Beach, FL. Sunny day... check! Rosy cheeks... check! One small failure was the fact that Trey fell head first off of the bed that morning, but if I were going to wait for zero bumps and bruises we just wouldn't have a picture this year!
The picture taking process was definitely not easy, it never is, but I knew where I was going to buy my cards. Every year I get my cards through Shutterfly. They have quick service, and great quality for the price.

Their Christmas Card designs are extensive... there are 930 different designs to choose from!

We send out about 100 cards every year. It gets pretty pricy, but this year they offered me 50 free cards for telling you about their cards, which I of course jumped all over. I am a very happy Shutterfly customer, and you know I would never steer you in the wrong direction. They have great photo books too.

Since I'm getting some free cards I should share the love, right? Would you like 25 free cards for your family? I have three codes to give away to the first three people to leave a comment on my Facebook page with the answer to the question: How do you get your kids to smile for pictures? Can't wait to read about it! :)

Don't forget to pop over to Shutterfly too and check out their new Christmas card designs. Thanks Shutterfly!

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.

1 comment:

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.